Sunday, January 22, 2012

Say What??

Remember this post? Blogger's Choice Bundle Contest.  Well, the most amazing thing happened...I was one of the three winners!  How unbelievable is that?  And I mean that literally...UN-believable!  There was a lot of excellent competition and I honestly didn't think I had a snowball's chance in h-e-double-hockey-sticks.  Not that I didn't want to win, of course, but I really entered for fun and to challenge myself to pick a bundle made up of fabrics from several collections.  I tend to feel like I don't know what goes together and find myself hesitating when mixing fabrics.  Maybe I should have a little more confidence in myself, eh?

Check out the post on Laura's blog: http://quokkaquilts.blogspot.com/2012/01/and-moment-weve-all-been-waiting-for.html

Now, should I let this go to my head?  Maybe I should head over to my LQS and start offering free fabric selection advice?  When the ladies start looking at me all kooky I'll just explain that I won this contest where I pulled together a bundle of 15 fabrics and the judges liked it so much that they picked mine.  Surely you should take my advice, quilty lady.  Of course I know what I'm talking about!  Ha ha!  That would be so hilarious, especially since the gals at my LQS are mostly older lady types with extremely different tastes.

OK, so I'll just graciously accept my bundle and then roll around in it for a bit when it comes...then pet it obligingly because I don't know about you, but I just adore fresh-from-the-store fabric!

I didn't realize when I made the bundle that it's a perfect match for my Mom.  Yellows and blues and greens are just so her.  So that's what this bundle will become...a quilt for my awesome Mom!!

10 comments:

  1. Well done. I'd let it go to your head for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, photo of you rolling about in it please! Yes, offering colour consultancy could be a good move - or get you beaten with rulers at the LQS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly blogger not letting me finish! Congrats and have fun withit.mwould love to see what the bundle looks like in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Of course you should immediately head to your LQS, dish out advice and video it for our amusement ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Deb! Looking forward to seeing the beautiful quilt for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I am so excited for you - an amazing win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb, congrats on being a winner. Sounds like your mum is going to be spoilt with a beautiful quilt. Lucky mum. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations, deb! i loved your bundle so i'm not at all surprised you won.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very belated congraulations!!
    I went by Quokka Quilts to follow up on the contest and then I saw a VERY familiar name on the top of the winner list. Yipeeeee!!

    ReplyDelete